Covid-19 Update from the Bishop & Cabinet: Watching carefully the rise in COVID infection rates

Salem UMC (Irwinton-Toomsboro Charge) - North Central


History

Salem Methodist Church was organized in 1818, by B. Wynn and was the first Methodist Church in Wilkinson County. On August 13, 1863, four acres of land were deeded to the trustees, Enoch T. Miller, William Wynn, and John Thigpen. In 1907, there were ninety-eight members on the roll. In 1912, an epidemic of measles and bad weather had greatly reduced attendance at Sunday school. The big church was built in 1915 but burned in 1940. The present church was built in 1941. 

 

Location

1812 SALEM CHURCH RD
Toomsboro GA

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.