After the American Revolution between 1790 and 1810, the settlers, Floyds, Sauls, DeFores, Johnsons, Vinsons, and others built the first log church on this site. The material was virgin pine. The sills, sleepers, walls, and flooring were hewn to the desired shape with a foot adz and broad axe. The boards for the roof were riven with a frow and the use of a small wooden maul and finished with a drawing knife. A large log building was placed across the road, followed by a plain frame building. The present building was built in 1892. In 1950, four Sunday School rooms were added; the sanctuary was remodeled and hardwood floors added in 1952. In 1958, an educational unit was added, everything completely renovated and brick veneered. The story of Methodism around these early settlers involves churches now gone: Ball, Church-Wilkinson Co., Mary's Chapel named for Mary Faulk Slappey in West Lake community, Concord, the campground near Jeffersonville where Bishop George Foster Pierce stayed, Liberty Hill, Macedonia and others. Prospect Church has been with Jeffersonville through the years.
In 1987, a steeple with chimes was added. The educational building was extended to join the sanctuary building and completely renovated in 1989. In June, 1990, the church held its Bicentennial Celebration. During the 1990's, the church held Fall Bazaars, Mother's Day breakfasts, and contributed to regional missions such as the Childrens Home.