Rev. Carroll Pensiloy organized Bethel on the second Saturday in October 1894
. Mr. Jack Nichols gave ten acres in the Second Land District for a church and cemetery. With the shift in population, the church moved to a new site, four miles north of the old site on land given by Mr. W. A. Smith in 1937. The original structure was dismantled and salvageable materials were used in the construction of the new sanctuary, still used today. The church maintains both sites. This church has been on the following circuits: Lizella, Roberta, and Crawford County. In 1919, it was part of the Knoxville Circuit with Bethel, Knoxville, Dickson, and Macedonia. Rev. F. L. Coleman was the pastor.
In 1982, a number of Bethel families cleared, cut, raked and burned undergrowth to make the old cemetery accessible again.