The church was organized in 1848, but it was not until October 25, 1870, that a deed was granted by the Georgia State Assembly. The original trustees were Rev. Jefferson Wright, Thomas O. Vinson, Benjamin Wright, Thomas Young and Samuel Lowe. It is reported that there were 34 members during the first year. There have been four buildings constructed on this site. The first two were log cabins; the third was a long, large auditorium building with two front entrances; the fourth and present sanctuary was built in 1922, under the pastorate of Rev. M. M. Marshall. It is believed to be the second oldest church in the Peach-Crawford County area.
Under the leadership of Rev. E. G. Hutchings, Jr., the church celebrated its centennial anniversary on Sunday, October 31, 1948, with the Rev. O. C. Cooper, a former pastor, delivering the morning message.