This church was organized in 1846, in a brush arbor. A log church was built in 1850 and burned in 1910
. Captain J.W. Boyd gave the land for the church and cemetery. The church served as a school during the week
. In 1910, the present church was built by the Boyds, McLeans, Wilcoxes, and Dickeys and their descendants helped with the 1960 remodeling. Among the early pastors were J. Monroe Wilcox, W.K. Turner, W.F. Roberts, and Moody Booth, who held a conference in this church in 1886, as its pastor. This was probably the charge-wide quarterly conference. In 1919, this church was on the Broxton Circuit and Rev. M.B. Boykin was the pastor. In 1985, the church had an active Sunday school and youth choir. Since 1984, new windows have been installed.