Wesley Chapel was organized in 1870 by a group of thirty Methodists in a brush arbor and the church was built in 1872 on two acres of land deeded to the trustees by John Chapman on July 12, 1879. The original wooden building had a wooden partition down the center pews to segregate men from women. The earliest recorded pastor was Rev. Bascom Sentell in 1883.
For many years, this church was on the Dudley charge and only had services on fifth Sundays. But, in May 1977, that changed when the sanctuary was remodeled, three Sunday school rooms and two bathrooms added. A steeple and six stained-glass windows were added in 1984. The stained-glass mural above the pulpit was given in the early 1990s, in memory of Willis Payne by his family. In 1993, the social hall was added. Today, there are worship services and Sunday school classes every week. This church is involved in many ways with Allentown and Danville UMC.