This church was established in 1892, under the pastorate of Rev. William Clark. There were thirteen charter members including Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Clark, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Parker, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Greenway, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Dozier, Thomas James Cook, Roger Cook, Mrs. Lucinda Dozier, Mrs. Louise Cook, and Mrs. James Munroe Woodward. The deed was signed by Phil P. Johnson on November 22, 1894. The first building was a wooden structure constructed in 1893. In the late 1890s, a tornado struck and the church roof was blown off, but the building was otherwise undamaged and is still used.
In 1955, a railroad shanty was purchased for Sunday school rooms. A parsonage was built in conjunction with Mt. Moriah in 1958, and it was moved to the Statesboro District. Both buildings were bricked during the 1960s. The deed for cemetery lots was signed by November 19, 1962, and placed under a perpetual care plan in 1976. Central heat and air conditioning were added to the sanctuary in 1990. The centennial anniversary was celebrated in 1992, with a homecoming including former pastor Rev. Michael Huling. The original windows remain in the building.