This church was in the North Georgia Conference until 2009. A Methodist minister, Rev. T. F. Christian, of the Clinton Circuit, helped to raise the money to build the original log building in 1829-1830. It is believed that the present church building was constructed in 1859 or 1860, of heart pine with two entrance doors and a partition going down the center of the sanctuary. Men sat on one side and women on the other. Electric lighting was added in 1932. A foyer had been added in front and a two-story building for Sunday school rooms, a kitchen, and restrooms on the back. In 1950, the church joined with members of Hopewell Methodist Church to build a community fellowship hall. Later the church purchased the building for use with group meetings in the church. In 2001, the Pleasant Grove UMC celebrated 175 years of worship.