In 1895, this church was organized in a brush arbor meeting. There were twelve members. Rev. G. H. Chole was the first pastor. In 1910, a wooden building was constructed but this sanctuary was destroyed by a tornado. In 1964, a new building of cement blocks was erected. In 1972, the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference merged with the South Georgia Conference and this church was assigned to the Reidsville Circuit. The circuit included Dixie Grove, Ebenezer, Mt. Zion and Oak Grove with Lee Jones as pastor. In 1983, Mt. Zion and St. Mary became a two-point charge.