The name for this church comes from the many springs and hills that surround the area in Wheeler County. This church began in 1840 in a log structure. The present building was constructed between 1870 and 1880. In 1918-1919, it was the head of the Springhill Circuit with Rev. R. M. Dalton as the pastor. Rev. O. S. Smith was appointed in 1920. At this time, the circuit was in the McRae District with Rev. L. W. Coleson as the presiding elder. Some of the more notable pastors to this church include Bishop James T. Ainsworth, Bishop George Foster Pierce, and Rev. Lovick Pierce.