The Linton Methodist Church was organized just after a Revival Service conducted by Rev. J. R. King, P.E., and Rev. B. E. L. Timmons, P.C. in 1890. The church building was begun the same year and was finished and dedicated by Rev. Ellison R. Cook, at that time pastor of the Sparta Methodist Church in 1891. The church, in Hancock County, is currently on the Baldwin County Charge. It was part of the North Georgia Conference until 2009.