Chaplain, Part Time - Wesleyan College, Macon
Wesleyan College is seeking a part-time Chaplain to encourage the spiritual life of students and to develop leaders who are prepared to serve the larger community in a spirit of care, compassion and justice. The Chaplain oversees programming related to the spiritual life of the campus, and helps students to develop capacities to reflect on and act out of their deeply held convictions, while promoting a vibrant and diverse spiritual community.
The Chaplain must be capable of working easily with persons representing a multitude of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs, values, and religious traditions. They must be an ordained United Methodist minister and have a commitment to social justice. This position has flexible hours and the Chaplain is expected to be present at formal college events and oversee worship opportunities on campus.
- Assess and evaluate the spiritual community on campus and provide relevant programming to meet the needs of students.
- Work with student leaders to plan all-campus and small-group programs and activities, which may include worship, communal gatherings and bible studies.
- Be available to students for spiritual care and counseling, including grief support.
- Coordinate with Student Affairs and the Office of Equity and Inclusion to enhance the College’s support for the spiritual health and wellness of students.
- Understand rights and responsibilities as a confidential reporter, in consultation with the Title IX Coordinator.
- Attend College events and functions and speak/pray at formal college events as required.
Additional Information: Wesleyan College
- Ordination with The United Methodist Church.
- Ministerial experience with college-age students.
- Commitment to social justice, cultural diversity and the ideals of a women’s college.
- Skills in public speaking and leading worship services.
, a four-year national liberal arts college for women and gender minorities. Founded in 1836 as the first college in the world chartered to grant degrees to women, Wesleyan takes seriously the education of students both in and out of the classroom. Wesleyan is affiliated with The United Methodist church. A strength of this small liberal arts college is our diverse student population and our commitment to liberal arts and justice throughout our curriculum. Wesleyan College is located in Macon, Georgia, 70 miles south of Atlanta.
Wesleyan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. Wesleyan College invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. Pre-employment drug screen and background check is required.
Contact: Tonya Parker
4760 Forsyth Road Macon GA 31210
Email: Click to email