Children and Family Ministries Director - Wynnton UMC, Columbus, GA
This position is responsible for building and directing the family ministries of the church, including planning, coordinating and overseeing activities for children, youth/teens, parents, and older adults to promote spiritual development, fellowship, and ministry involvement in the life of the church. Additionally, it will seek to connect Wynnton UMC’s congregation with meaningful opportunities to serve the vulnerable populations in our local community and beyond.
- Create and implement Family Ministries strategy
- Plan (in consultation with Pastor) and execute programs and events that support and engage families, youth, and children, including being invitational with current and new constituency.
- Work with the Pastor to ensure that the particular needs of children, youth, and families are considered and supported within the life of the church.
- Cultivate volunteers and guest leaders to provide leadership for planned programs and events
- Cultivate relationships with families of our congregation and our community.
- Establish relationships with community and school leaders to be “in the know” about the needs and issues pertaining to families and children in our community. (Partner with the PIE Coordinator)
- Develop Christian Education plans and programs for children, youth, and parents.
- Plan and oversee missional outreach opportunities appropriate for children, youth, and families such as Holy-ween, VBS, Easter Egg Hunt, etc.
- Follow up with all families with children and youth who visit the church.
- In consultation with the Pastor, develop family ministries budget, and track expenditures throughout the year.
- Oversee all adult Sunday school ministry, curriculum, class placement, teacher appointment, with emphasis on growing and equipping teachers to lead compelling educational classes.
- Lead and develop guest follow-up and guest-assimilation ministry programs which welcomes, and introduces persons to Wynnton UMC and invites and leads guests toward active fellowship.
- Oversee Small Group ministry. Cast vision for existing small groups and lead development for new and multiplication of small groups, providing opportunity for all persons to grow spiritually and to develop gifts of leadership.
- Safe Sanctuary Coordinator
- Pre-school Pastoral Liaison
- Preach and teach as necessary
- Provide pastoral care and counseling as necessary
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Contact: J Grantham
2412 Wynnton Rd Columbus GA 31906