Contemporary Worship Leader - Porterfield UMC, Albany
The Contemporary Worship Leader at Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church in Albany, GA will provide musical and organizational leadership to the 9am Sunday morning contemporary worship service. This position will be responsible for the planning, preparation, and coordination of all aspects of music for the contemporary worship service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strong lead singing voice, with a good understanding of and ability to lead contemporary Christian music
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to engage the congregation in worship
- Ability to play keyboard, guitar, or percussion is preferred but not required
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- Competent in worship technology tools
- Committed to living a Christian lifestyle and to serving as a Christian role model
- Selecting songs for Sunday morning contemporary worship services, coordinating with the pastor and Director of Music Ministries as necessary and communicating to the church office.
- Preparing slides for all songs.
- Directing the praise band, including leading the group through all songs during worship service, conducting rehearsals, and coordinating musicians and singers for each week. Recruiting new musicians and singers into the praise band as needed.
- Leading the congregation verbally (including greetings, prayers, transitions, and singing) to help people praise and connect with God through worship
- Leading stage set-up/background.
- Preparing sheet music in advance of rehearsals, keeping music organized, and continually seeking out new songs for the service
- Arranging for a qualified alternative leader when away
- Oversee all technology for contemporary worship. This includes, but isn’t limited to, sound engineers, Camera operators, live stream producers, software operators, etc.
- Oversee the Hospitality committee for the contemporary service. This includes but isn’t limited to coordinating volunteers for greeters, coffee, guest follow-up, assimilation, etc.
- This is a position that could be part-time full-time, depending on the candidate. A successful background check will be required as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and other material if available (CD, DVD, MOV, MP4, or WMV files, YouTube link, etc.) to
2. Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church
ATTN: Contemporary Worship Leader Search
2200 Dawson Road
Albany, GA 31707
Contact: Josh Duckworth
2200 Dawson Rd Albany 31707