The Director of Children and Youth Ministries works alongside the Director of Family Ministries to oversee and carry out an effective ministry for children and youth in grades Pre-K through 12 that creates environments to help them explore, connect, grow and live out the Christian faith. This position also works to provide an outreach to the children and youth of the Washington County/Sandersville area.
• Discretion and confidentiality in all matters related to church members and church business.
• Committed Christian faith; willingness/ability to share faith with others.
• Desire/calling to work with children and youth in church ministry.
• Demonstrated spiritual gift of teaching.
• High moral character and personal integrity.
• Committed to the vision, mission, values and core beliefs of SUMC.
• Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in word and action.
• Organized self-starter.
• Team Player that can work alongside SUMC staff (Pastor, Music Director, Director of Family Ministry) and volunteer workers of all ages.
• Excellent verbal, written and electronic media skills.
• Abide by all Safe Sanctuary policies at all times and work in conjunction with the Director of Family Ministries to lead an annual Safe Sanctuary
training for ministry volunteers.
• Work in conjunction with the Director of Family Ministries to carry out seasonal events for children and youth, including but not limited to: Easter
egg hunt, vacation Bible school, fall festival and Christmas parties.
• In conjunction with the Director of Family Ministries, recruit volunteers necessary to support seasonal events and children and youth ministries.
• Be present on Sundays to assist with children and youth. Be a children or youth Sunday School teacher at least twice a month maintain a connection
to the Sunday School programs.
• Work with Director of Family Ministries to select/develop a Sunday School curriculum for children and youth.
• Facilitate and participate in Sunday Night Live with Bible study, music and activity time for children and youth grades pre-k through 12.
• Work alongside Director of Family Ministries to teach Confirmation classes each spring and attend Confirmation Retreat held at Epworth by the Sea.
• Work with Director of Family Ministries and Youth Council to select annual summer camp; attend summer camp with the youth.
• Attend/work with local mission opportunities as well as international mission trips with our youth.
The position of Director of Children & Youth Ministries is a part-time, salaried position. The actual number of hours required during any given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position while recognizing the schedule may vary at different times of the year.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Sandersville United Methodist Church, PO Box 611, Sandersville GA 31082.
Contact: Lisa McDonald, SPRC Chair
Address: 202 W Church Street Sandersville GA 31082
Phone: (478) 552-3374
Email: Click to email