Director of Discipleship - Kitty Hawk UMC, Kitty Hawk, NC
Kitty Hawk United Methodist Church, serving a vibrant community on the picturesque Outer Banks of North Carolina, is seeking a Director of Discipleship to serve a people of “Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors” as we strive to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. You will work closely with the pastor, staff, and congregation to initiate, coordinate, and sustain ministries vital to the spiritual development of Kitty Hawk United Methodist Church and the greater Outer Banks community. Preferred qualifications include the ability and interest in assisting with worship services, including occasional preaching.
This is a full time position and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Youth Ministry: Encourage and build participation in a holistic ministry that includes weekly meetings that provide engaging opportunities for fellowship and service designed to strengthen the faith of our youth in grades 6-12. Lead/organize other learning and worship opportunities such as retreats and mission projects. Work with staff to provide opportunities for youth to lead in the life of the church. Build personal relationships with youth that promote a welcoming culture for all. Nurture youth into a relationship with Jesus Christ in the loving context of the church family.
- Connectional Ministry: Provide vision, direction, and oversight for spiritual growth and discipleship opportunities, including Bible studies, small groups, Sunday School, and new areas of discipleship. Cultivate relationships with church families as well as community members that encourage greater participation in ministry and spiritual growth. Develop opportunities and coordinate outreach in the community for the KHUMC congregation to participate in community events.
- Administrative/Supervisory Responsibilities: Assume additional responsibilities as directed by the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee in areas such as Congregational Care (Stephen Ministry, counseling, new member recruitment); Worship Leadership (assisting with worship, occasional preaching, and assisting with special services as needed); and Administrative Duties (supervising the directors of the Children’s Ministries, and assisting the Pastor as a liaison between the different ministries and committees within the church).
- Possess a deep, personal faith in Jesus Christ and a desire to know, love, and serve God
- College degree in a related field preferred. Open to UMC Deacon, ordained or seeking ordination
- Be an advocate of United Methodist theology and doctrine
- Demonstrate a passion and vision for facilitating spiritual growth opportunities
- Possess collaborative skills and experience working with a leadership team
- Successfully pass a background check
Contact: Rev. Colin Snider
Kitty Hawk NC
Email: Click to email