Director of Faith and Service, Division of Student Affairs - Wesleyan College
Wesleyan College is a small private liberal arts college in Macon, GA. Founded in 1836 as the first college in the world chartered to grant degrees to women, Wesleyan takes seriously the education of students both in and out of the classroom. Wesleyan College is affiliated with The United Methodist Church.
The Director of Faith and Service empowers students to develop and live out their faith and values and engage in meaningful community service activities. Oversees and provides guidance and mentorship for student leaders to plan all-campus and small-group programs and activities, including worship, communal gatherings, religious study, and campus and community service projects. Works to advance shared goals for deepening a sense of faith, service, and unity amongst the campus community.
- Serve as the primary contact for all recognized, faith based campus organizations and councils in the development of effective campus programming including regular communication with external advisors.
- Coordinate the planning, administration, and execution of regular faith based programming.
- Foster inter-religious engagement, including serving as advisor to the Council on Religious Unity and celebration of faith based holidays.
- Support and celebrate the increasing diversity of the college by providing opportunities for students, faculty, and staff of all faiths to join in discussion about the importance of faith and personal values.
- Advise the Wesleyan Disciples and Wesleyan Servant Leaders programs.
- Oversee the area of community service, including the planning and execution of service learning programs. Plan and promote biannual WOW! A Day activities and other civic engagement opportunities to promote student service and build community partnerships.
- Plan and implement meaningful community service and immersion opportunities, alternative Spring Break activities, and retreats that help students better understand connections between experiential learning and service to the community.
- Maintain records of all service related activities including hours served.
Appointment, Salary, & Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited college or university experience is required; master’s degree in Theology, Ministry, Student Affairs, Pastoral Studies, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in campus or community ministry and experience in higher education administration, civic engagement, and/or student engagement required.
- Ministerial experience or experience directly transferrable to campus ministry is preferred.
- Understanding of the role and purpose of service and volunteer initiatives.
- Skills in communication, flexibility, organization, and community development are required.
- Candidates must have a proven ability to work within a culturally diverse organization, with a clear commitment to racial justice and interfaith engagement.
Full time, 12 month position including benefits and annual salary. Some weekend and night responsibilities are required in addition to regular weekday work. Reports to the Dean of Students.
- Participate as a member of the Student Affairs team and the Wesleyan College community by assisting with campus activities and attending events.
- Serve on the Emergency On Call Team for the College.
- Other duties as assigned.
Wesleyan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. Wesleyan College invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Wesleyan College is a certified drug-free workplace employer. All applicants being considered
for employment are required to submit to substance screening as a condition of employment. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States, individuals will be required to provide proof of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States upon acceptance of an employment offer. In addition, employment is contingent upon successfully passing a
criminal background check.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Theresa Abercrombie, firstname.lastname@example.org
. A review of applications will begin on July 11, 2022.
Contact: Teresa Abercrombie
4760 Forsyth Road Macon GA 31210
Email: Click to email