Director of Student Ministries - Isle of Hope UMC, Savannah
Submit resumes to:
Mike Miller, Executive Pastor (email@example.com)
Job Description and Position Overview:
Isle of Hope United Methodist Church in Savannah, GA is seeking an experienced Director of Student Ministries to lead a dynamic and welcoming Student Ministry from middle Scholl (6th-8th grade), high school, and college through young adulthood (18-25).
Qualifications and Gifts Desired:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior demonstrated in daily living and a calling to ministry. A personal theology which is consistent with UMC/Wesleyan doctrine and an alignment with the vision and mission of Isle of Hope United Methodist Church.
- A passion for ministering to others, particularly students, their families, and young adults with the gospel of Jesus Christ; ensuring their growth and development into fully devoted followers of Christ who will impact this and future generations.
- Education: A Bachelor's degree with additional theological training (seminary or a Licensed Local Pastor on course to complete the UMC Course of Study).
- Five years of relevant experience in delivering successful student ministry.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills (particularly in building and leading teams of volunteers).
- The spiritual; gifts of teaching and equipping, discipleship, discernment, hospitality, spiritual leadership, and administration are highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and/or equivalent Mac/Apple software.
- Proficient or trainable with standard office equipment and church specific software currently ACS/Church Life and Planning Center.
- Lead and supervise all programming for student ministry (education, discipleship, fellowship, and outreach) to reach and grow disciples.
- Foster relationships with parents to build Christ-centered relationships with students.
- Attend student activities across a variety of schools for outreach and to build relationships with students and families.
- Recruit, train, encourage, and equip student and adult volunteer leadership.
- Oversee Sunday School (grades 6-12) and the Confirmation Class and process including teacher and volunteer recruitment; selection of curriculum and resource materials.
- Oversee the planning and execution of missions and special events (retreats, recognitions, etc.)
- Develop budget, coordinate student communications strategy, and collaborate with other staff on the overall ministry of the church.
- Assist in Worship and Congregational Care as assigned by the Senior Pastor and other duties as assigned.
Contact: Mike Miller
412 Parkersburg Road Savannah 31406
Email: Click to email