Director of Student Ministries - Panama City FUMC, FL
First United Methodist Church of Panama City
Director of Student Ministries - Position Description
- Set the vision for the youth ministry with a plan to carry it out for 6th – 12th Grade Students
- The vision should include an emphasis on evangelism, spiritual growth, leadership development and engagement in the life of the church.
- Teach the vision and purpose of Youth Ministry to all volunteers, staff, students and congregation.
- Develop and lead programs that:
- Create outreach through activities and events (Evangelism)
- Foster spiritual growth opportunities for youth to worship, serve in local, national and international missions, fellowship with each other, learn Biblical truths and apply them to their lives. (Spiritual Growth)
- Enable students who reach out and serve others, impacting them with the love of Christ (Leadership Development)
- Ensure student participation in the overall ministry of the church through service. (Engagement)
- Build and maintain relationships with youth in the church and community.
- Meet regularly with youth in the church.
- Develop relationships with Middle and High School Students in our ministry area.
- MS - University Academy, Bay Haven, North Bay Haven, Holy Nativity, Jinks, Mowat, Surfside,
- HS - Bay, Mosley, North Bay Haven, Arnold, and Rutherford
- Seek out opportunities to “hang out” with youth on campus, at events, or in the community
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents
- Communicate with parents the purpose of the youth ministry
(Examples: Spiritual Growth, Student Leadership, Engagement in the life of the church)
- Create avenues of consistent contact with parents (E-mails, Social Media, Etc.)
- Become aware of the needs of the parents
- Recruit, develop and train an Adult Volunteer Leadership Team to help build relationships with students by:
Leading and facilitating small groups
Visiting students on school campuses
- Network with other youth workers in the community
- to pray for the community
- to encourage each other, sharing ideas and experiences
- by attending area events with other youth ministries (See You At the Pole, Youth Retreat, FCA, etc..)
Desired Qualifications and Experience
Passion for youth with previous ministry experience preferred. A strong understanding of the Christian faith and life, along with the ability to teach scripture and participate in worship. Candidate should be personable, enthusiastic, creative, adaptable, highly motivated, a team builder and team player, able to relate to students and parents. Basic skills with computer, audio-visual, social media and technology preferred.
- Oversee and manage the youth ministry budget
- Ensure youth are leading in worship by serving as acolytes, singing/playing in Youth Choir and/or Praise Teams.
- Attend weekly church staff meeting
- Provide a report to the senior pastor of your goals, accomplishments, prayers and praises
- Be attentive to a growing military community in our area developing ways to connect with Tyndall AFB Family Support and Tyndall Academy.
Interested persons are asked to send their resume to Dr. Jeremy Pridgeon, email@example.com
along with three references and anticipated salary range.
Contact: Jeremy Pridgeon
903 E. 4th St. Panama City 32401
Email: Click to email