Director of Traditional Music Ministries - Isle of Hope UMC, Savannah
Job Position: Director of Traditional Music Ministries
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Overview: Leads traditional music and other arts ministries in cooperation with the clergy, staff, and lay leaders; in alignment with the needs, resources, and mission of the church.
Areas of Responsibility:
Qualifications for Successful Candidates:
- Lead all groups for the church's traditional and other arts ministries.
- Conduct the Chancel Choir, Men's Chorus, and Hand bell Choir.
- Provide music and other arts as assigned for traditional worship services and related activities of the church.
- Involve church members in music and other arts ministries according to their gifts and passions.
- Supervise the organization and care of the music library, including copyright and licensing issues, along with all resources, equipment, instruments, and supplies of the music ministry.
- Present seasonal cantatas and other special music events.
- Engage music and other arts groups in outreach ministries, such as "Arts from the Island".
- involve Chancel Choir members in annual retreats and workshops.
- Plan fellowship activities for various music and other arts groups.
- provide music resources to program staff and lay leaders.
- select music for worship in collaboration with pastoral leadership.
- Schedule music groups and soloists in worship.
- Recruit lay leaders, soloists, contract musicians, and any other needed participants for music and arts ministries.
- Prepare and manage music budget.
- Attend regular staff meetings and various committee meetings.
- Supervise and develop any other music and arts staff.
- Serve as Staff liaison with sanctuary audio/video volunteer production team to communicate, schedule, and recruit volunteers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Growing faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and familiar with United Methodist/Wesleyan worship, theology, and doctrine.
- College degree in music, preferably at graduate level.
- Experience and knowledge in hymnody and sacred choral music and leading music in a wide variety of style. Experience with also leading in a contemporary music setting is a plus.
- Conducting skills.
- Understanding of basic vocal technique.
- The ability to play a keyboard instrument is a requirement and the ability to play additional instruments is highly desirable.
- Ability to arrange and adapt music for various ensembles and levels of ability.
- Fluent in music notation and notation software such as Sibelius or Finale.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and proficient or trainable in church software such as ACS/Facility Scheduler.
- This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and professional development opportunities.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and education
Send resume to Mike Miller, Executive Pastor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Mike Miller
412 Parkersburg Road Savannah GA 31406
Email: Click to email