Minister of Evangelism/Assimilation/Aging Gracefully
This is a full-time ministerial position that will help First United Methodist spread the love of God in Christ to the Glynn County Community by helping persons develop their time, talent, and resources in ways that promote Discipleship that encourages others to follow Christ.
The minister should be a either a Seminary student or graduate and must exhibit strong communication and positive interpersonal relationship skills.
He/She should be able to identify needs within the church and community and to develop initiatives that promote discipleship for current and future church members.
While ordination in the United Methodist Church is not necessary, the minister should have knowledge of and appreciation for the United Methodist history, polity, and Discipline.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to: Evangelism. (sharing the Good News of God’s love). This will involve designing and implementing:
• Use of media and technology to share with the community in a way that is welcoming and inviting (i.e. Newspapers, Magazines, Social Media, Billboards, Radio/TV, Podcasts, etc.)
• Building bridges to organizations which create opportunities for service (i.e. Southeast Georgia Health System, FaithWorks, the Non-Profit world, School and Legal Systems, the Chamber of Commerce, etc.
• Utilizing the Creative gifts of members to tell the story of God’s love through art, writing, music, Social Media, etc. Assimilation. This will involve developing and implementing strategic ways to help members and potential members serve Christ within the church by connecting them to current and future missions/programs (children, youth, music, teaching Sunday school or mid week discussion groups, mission trips, worship leadership, etc.) and beyond the church (community service and volunteering). Aging Gracefully. This will focus on: • Ensuring that we have consistent care and follow up with our members who are shut in or live in skilled nursing facilities
• Ensuring that our older adults have opportunity for fellowship (Keenagers)
• Offering support to caregivers (respite care) • Envisioning and Developing programs that address specific needs and opportunities
• (i.e. empty nesters, retirees, singles, widows/widowers, etc.) Special Gifts and Interests. Knowing that everyone has unique gifts and callings, opportunity will be given for the Minister to develop those passions and talents in fruitful and engaging ways. Staff Relationships It is expected that the Minister will be a team player and will work closely with all staff who bring a variety of gifts, graces, and skills to the ministerial and program team. Accountability The Minister of Evangelism/Assimilation/Adults will report to the Senior Pastor regarding daily activities and responsibilities. Matters of employment are facilitated through the Staff Parish Relationship Committee which recommends compensation from the church as part of the annual budget. Proficiencies Current staff utilize the following:
• IOS (Apple/McIntosh) • Microsoft • Realm • Planning Center • Canvas
Contact: Wright Culpepper
Address: PO Box 1415 Brunswick GA 31521
Phone: (912) 265-4313
Email: Click to email