Organist Needed - Forsyth UMC
Forsyth United Methodist Church is looking for an organist.
Some of the job expectations include:
- Select and provide organ music at our traditional Sunday worship services, and all special worship services or celebrations as needed;
- Rehearse with the church choir and accompany soloists, ensembles and instrumentalists in preparing for special services as needed;
- Provide first call as organist for all weddings and funerals held at the church;
- Submit information for bulletins in a timely fashion as determined by the Office Secretary;
- Choose and purchase organ music within church budget guidelines as needed.
The applicant must:
- be an accomplished musician with ability to sight-read choral accompaniment and play hymns from the UMC hymnal for the congregation;
- be able to play traditional and contemporary choral works following a director;
- have experience within a church setting, working with staff, musicians, and volunteers;
- be a person with a strong Christian faith, who desires an active role in a vibrant church.
Forsyth UMC is a growing church in Forsyth, GA – just north of Macon at the south end of the North GA Conference. For more information or to apply for the position, please email John Knox at email@example.com
Contact: John Knox
Phone: (470) 601-4270
Email: Click to email