Part-time Director of Children's Ministries - Living Grace UMC, Columbus
Position: Director of Children’s Ministries
Job Description: This is a part-time position based upon an average of 5 hours/week. This position is responsible to the Staff Parish Relations Committee and reports to the Senior Pastor.
Overview: We are seeking a dynamic, fun, and engaging, Kids Ministry director! Our program is for kids from birth-5th grade. Living Grace is committed to providing a safe, clean, and fun environment for kids to connect with each other and learn about Jesus!
Areas of Responsibility:
Qualifications for Potential Candidates:
- Plan and lead our Sunday morning Children’s Church from 10:30am-11:30am.
- Provide spiritual direction and leadership to the entire Kids Ministry program.
- Recruit, invite, welcome, and engage with kids and families; this includes planning and promoting events targeted at families and children.
- Create a fun, welcoming environment for kids to belong and follow Jesus.
- Recruit, equip, and oversee Kid Ministry volunteers.
- Develop and implement programs and events that may include midweek kids club, summer camps, family outreach events, VBS, and special events during the year (kid events during Advent, Easter Egg hunt, etc.).
- Oversee and maintain our church’s Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Organize childcare for non-Sunday morning church events when necessary.
- Responsible to oversee and maintain the Kid Ministry budget and resources.
- Choose children’s curriculum and teachings that align with the theology and practice of the United Methodist Church and Living Grace UMC.
- Build then manage Children’s Ministry social media communications on Instagram and Facebook.
- Maintain personal contact with families in the Children’s Ministry via mail, phone calls, texts, and emails.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- A healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A commitment to an ethical Christian lifestyle in and outside of the church.
- Creative, problem solver, hard-working, and loves to have fun.
- A dynamic leader - team player that can create a healthy team culture.
- An excellent communicator and able to deliver relevant, Biblical messages.
- A self-starter but thrives in collaboration with others on a team.
- Focused, reliable, attentive to detail, and follow-through.
- Humble, teachable, and committed.
- Engages well with people including kids, parents, church & community.
- Experience with video, media, and social media is a plus.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
Please submit all resumes and questions to email@example.com
Contact: Rev. Haynes Martin
3969 Edgewood Circle Columbus GA 31907
Email: Click to email