Part-time Director of Traditional Music Ministries - Living Grace UMC, Columbus
Position: Director of Traditional Music Ministries
Reports To: Senior Pastor and SPRC
Job Description: This is a part-time position based upon 4-6 hours/week, with occasional extra hours needed depending upon the season of the church calendar.
Overview: Lead traditional music ministry in cooperation with the clergy, staff, and lay leaders, in alignment with the needs, resources, and mission of Living Grace UMC.
Areas of Responsibility:
Qualifications for Potential Candidates:
- Plan, lead, and conduct the choir and pianist for both the Wednesday night practice and the Sunday morning worship service.
- Involve church members in traditional music and arts ministries according to their gifts and passions.
- Supervise the organization and care of the traditional music library, including copyright and licensing issues, along with all resources, equipment, instruments, and supplies in the music area.
- Present seasonal cantatas and other special musical events.
- Select music for traditional worship in collaboration with pastoral leadership.
- Recruit lay leaders, soloists, contract musicians, and any other needed participants for music and arts ministries.
- Manage annual traditional music ministry budget.
- Supervise, develop, and provide feedback for the evaluation process for all those who help lead the traditional worship.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
-Growing faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and familiar with United Methodist worship, theology, and doctrine.
-A commitment to an ethical Christian lifestyle in and outside the church.
-College degree(s) in music preferable, but not mandatory.
-Experience and knowledge of hymnody and sacred choral music.
-Understand basic vocal technique.
-Able to play a keyboard instrument along with additional musical instruments is desirable.
-Able to arrange and adapt music for various ensembles and levels of ability.
-Part-time salary commensurate with experience and education.
Please submit all resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Rev. Haynes Martin
3441 Hiawatha Drive Columbus GA 31907
Email: Click to email