Part-Time Minister of Music and Worship - Blakely First UMC
Is responsible for music activities at Blakely First United Methodist Church
- Must have musical talents and the ability to lead and direct the choir.
- Must have the ability to direct and lead congregational singing. Reports weekly to the pastor and together they plan the church music ministry, including advance planning.
- Must lead an exemplary Christian life with God and the good of the Church foremost in his music duties.
- Must have a general knowledge of the Bible and United Methodist Church beliefs or be willing to learn.
- Plans and coordinates the church’s music ministry with the church's monthly calendar.
- Oversee community cantata (1st Sunday in Dec.) Choir Christmas Cantata, Children and Youth Musical Programs.
- Be present and direct music for worship and special services including but not limited to, Holy Week, Easter Cantata, Veteran’s Day, etc.
- Maintain orderly music library, materials, and supplies.
- Make arrangements for a choir director to substitute whenever necessary and notify the pastor.
- Plan and coordinate music for worship and special service with both the organist and pianist.
- Prepare the annual budget early in August with the Pastor and give this document to the Finance Committee.
- Coordinate the rehearsal and use of instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
- Is required to attend staff meetings and church council meetings and other church-related meetings that include music (music orientated).
– Preferably BA degree in music.
– Must have the ability to direct and lead all choirs and congregational singing.
Personal Relation Skills
– Ability to work well with others.
– Other requirements as directed by the Pastor or PPR Committee.
The organist, pianist, and other instrumentalists are supervised by the Director of Music.
Contact: Lisa Turner
PO Box 265 397 College Street Blakely GA 39823