Since 2002, the South Georgia Conference has sponsored an annual Confirmation Retreat at Epworth By The Sea for students in the fifth grade and above. This event provides churches of all sizes an opportunity to connect with others through worship, study, and fellowship. While the gathering of over 500 confirmands won't be happening in person this time, we are still offering our content, though this time, digitally!
The focus behind this packaged event remains the same as the in-person event: to complement what a church is or will be doing for each Confirmation class AND to bring a sense of connectedness to our churches. You can use the resources all at once or spread them out over the different weeks. You can use them all or just pick one - YOU decide what's best for your church's context!
Here are just some of the resources we'll be offering in 2021:
* Live opening session/training for leaders only
* Mini video courses on topics of grace, United Methodist History, our connectedness, the journey as a disciple of Christ and more!
* Q&A Zoom session with your District Superintendent (multiple dates/times to choose from)
* Mission Moments spotlighting young people serving in South Georgia
* "How to talk to confirmands about General Conference" digital download
* Spotify playlist of worship/hymns/seasonal songs to match the courses
* Opening and closing videos featuring Bishop Bryan
* Sample schedule layout
Registration will be open January 1-31, 2021 only. Resources will launch February 1, 2021 for the churches registered and may be used at any time. T-shirts will arrive by the end of February.
The cost is $10 per person and includes all packaged digital content and a t-shirt. Payment is required at time of registration in order to be complete. Registrations received without payment will be considered PENDING and must be paid in full by January 31st.
Click here to register your church. All digital contents will be sent to the email provided in the registration.
Packin' for the Journey - Before you take the first step on a journey you must pack your gear. This mini course will help students learn about things they will need on their journey of faith while going on a "virtual" camping trip. Students will learn about what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus, how to grow in that relationship, and why it is important to serve others because of that relationship. Led by Josh Burnham, Brooklet UMC
Other: Seasons of the church, Grace, Wesley Quadrilateral
For more information, please contact Suzanne Akins, Director of Camping & Retreats at firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 638-8626 ext 107.