Grab some lunch, pull up a chair, and join Connectional Ministries for Conversations at the Table. We have several upcoming topics to explore so you can learn from others, share ideas, and be inspired. All conversations will be held via Zoom. Zoom link will be provided in your confirmation email once you register.
- October 1: Preparing for Advent | Recording Coming Soon!
- A COVID Christmas? Let's gather to talk about plans for the Advent & Christmas seasons. The pandemic does not always have to change "what" we do but rather "how" we do it! Come share your ministry ideas for the season and how we can make some adjustments to host our favorite traditions.
- October 8: C.U.R.E. (Connecting and Understanding Race and Equality) & Justice Team Ministry |
Churches across South Georgia are looking for ways to engage in meaningful conversation around justice ministries. We will be talking with several members of two churches, Connexion & Trinity UMC, both located in Savannah as we learn how they took that first step and how the conversation has expanded.
- October 13: Children's Ministry |
It's always fun when our children's ministry leaders are "at the table." We never know where the conversation and ideas will take us, but it's always a great time of idea sharing, inspiration and encouragement!
- October 27: Youth Ministry | Register now
These fearless leaders (aka youth ministers!) have taken it up a notch during COVID as they have found unique ways to be in ministry with teenagers. Join us as we explore the latest things happening across South Georgia and some updates on Conference retreats and events.
- November 10: Communications - Clarifying your Message | Register now
"In the rush to return to normal, use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to." The pandemic has both forced and created space for churches to take a step back and look at how they are doing in the area of communications. Churches are navigating many different communication platforms, and it can sometimes feel overwhelming. Join this conversation as we talk about how to streamline and clarify your message so that you can tell a compelling story. Special guests from Statesboro First UMC will help lead the conversation.