All for me!
FROM THE BISHOP
JAMES R. KING, JR.
Hello, beautiful people of South Georgia!
After celebrating Easter in 2015, what does it mean to be an Easter people?
God sent Jesus into the world to love me, teach me, die for me, and to save me … all this for me! For those who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we become a good news people – an Easter people. God overcomes our sins, death loses its power over us, and life eternal is our gift by God’s grace.
What, then, is the earthly journey to be like for those of us who have received God’s salvation plan through Jesus Christ? Here are some implications:
- We walk in the confidence that we are loved. With this deep sense of being special knowing that our future is wonderful, we are generous givers in every way.
- We are cheerful. Our current circumstance does not define our attitude or us. We understand that we walk by faith, not by sight. Our joy is a gift of the spirit, not of the flesh.
- We have a clear sense of purpose. Life has meaning because we understand that our job is to glorify God. Our journey is towards holiness as our creator is Holy.
- We feel a positive connection with all God’s people. We recognize and honor that our differences are meant to compliment us, not hurt us. We move forward with some degree of patience and tolerance acknowledging that various forms of separation are stretching us to find a new path towards togetherness.
- We have peace. The world is unfinished – constantly changing. The peace that is a gift of the spirit allows us to be calm and cool in the midst of a troubled world.
Consider the benefits of being an Easter people and rejoice!!!
Remember to participate in 20-1-5 where we focus on knowing Jesus more in order to follow him more. Study one of the gospels.
Until next time, remember – God’s will for us is good. We must do the rest.
Growing a Christlike world.
James R. King, Jr.
P.S. Have you heard about how you can be a part of helping to build our own Conference Center? Be one of the 5,000 who contributes $100 by June 1. I am counting on your help!