Job Description for Director of Children's Ministries - Fort Valley United Methodist Church
Plans, organizes, and implements a wide range of activities for children, from toddler nursery through tweens. Recruits and trains adult volunteers. Maintains regular office hours and availability to children. Works with church staff and work areas to help implement the church mission, especially with the Children's Resource Team.
1. On an ongoing basis, plans for, organizes, and implements a children's activities program for children, ages toddler nursery through Tweens with the
Children's Resource Team of the church.
2. Plans, organizes, and implements special children's worship services, retreats, camps, trips, etc. with the Children's Resource Team of the church.
3. Recruits, orients, and trains adult volunteers to assist in children's activities and special events.
4. Visits with children on school campuses and other places where children gather.
5. Visits with families of children involved in children's programs on special occasions and seeks to recruit adult volunteers for the children's programs for
6. Maintains regular contact with children as may be required. Available on a limited basis for crisis intervention and counseling. Informs senior pastor of
7. Serves as a resource for individual children for the development of their own faith journey and to assist in coping with challenges of daily life.
8. Maintains regular and announced office hours for purposes of record keeping and general maintenance of correspondence, contacts and availability.
9. Works cooperatively with the Children's Resource Team, Education Committee, Church Staff, and other work areas of the church, as appropriate, to
coordinate children's activities with those of the whole church and to help achieve the church's mission goals.
10. Advocates children's issues to the congregation with the objective of making the children more visible and involved with the congregation.
* Demonstrate Christian character and commitment in daily life and the ability to articulate a personal faith journey.
* A minimum of 3 years experience in leading children's programs and church activities.
* A college degree in a related filed such as Christian Ministries, etc. is desirable.
* Ability to organize programs and activities and to activate responsibilities with a minimum of supervision and follow-up.
* Be able to demonstrate a proposed children's program for a minimum of 2 years.
* Must have or be willing to acquire a CDL (commercial drivers license).
High standards in attitude, outlook, and morals, with an awareness of the importance of example. ENTHUSIASM!!! LOVES CHILDREN!!!
Administratively responsible to the Senior Pastor.