United Methodist Connectional FCU college scholarships available
Are you or do you know a member age 17-35 who is attending or planning to attend college and attend church in in one of the four conferences? If so, please let them know about your Credit Union’s college scholarship program. Four winning applicants, one from each of our four conferences, Florida, North Georgia, South Georgia, and Alabama-West Florida, will receive a $1,000 scholarship each.
Applicants will need to meet the following requirements:
1. Be a Credit Union Member in Good Standing:
- Joining requires a $25 initial deposit into a share/savings account, but once you’re a member, you can easily open a checking account, get a debit card and enroll in online banking so you’ll be all ready with the right financial tool kit.
- Write an essay that answers the following questions:
- Why should United Methodist church members belong to UMC FCU?
- What does the Credit Union offer them and the Methodist Community?
Click here to download the 2016 UMC FCU Scholarship application.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship program, contact us at 1-800-282-9368 (Georgia) or 1-866-687-2136 (Florida).
*Scholarship applications will be judged by outside, impartial judge(s). No person related to staff or volunteers of the UMC FCU will be eligible to receive this scholarship award. Past winners are not eligible.