#ServeSouthGA is our Annual Conference's volunteer day, set aside for churches all over South Georgia to move outside the church building and into our communities. An event for all ages, #ServeSouthGA Day allows us to put our faith in action as we serve those in need in our very own town, neighborhood, and community. One Saturday each year, we set aside our personal agendas and head out into the community on a mission to serve others. It is truly a great day of sharing our time and talents with the charitable agencies the South Georgia Conference and your local church supports.
1. Identify a #ServeSouthGA Day Coordinator in your local church.
2. Pick your projects. For help in determining how to serve, see below. Make sure opportunities are available for families, singles and children to all be involved. Reach out to other local churches or cluster groups to partner up.
3. Appoint Project Captains.
4. Publicize to your Congregation: announcements, website, bulletin insert, social media, registration. See Media Kit below for promotional graphics. Contact local media - they love a "helping the community" story!
5. Order t-shirts (if desired). For online design, use the provided #ServeSouthGA image (see below) at Custom Ink (one example), choosing your own colors and adding your church name to personalize.
6. Serve your community on March 23rd (or your appointed day!).
7. Don’t forget to tell us about it! Be sure to tag photos across all social media #ServeSouthGA (before May 15).
Local Examples of Opportunities (subject to location)
Writing letters (prisoners, military, widows, etc)
Download different graphics for promotional use from this dropbox folder.
Fantastic! The important part is not the date, but that you’re serving your community. We would love to hear about it. Go back and tag your photos on social media with #ServeSouthGA and your photos will be a part of ALL the local congregations serving throughout South Georgia. Also see form below.
Please fill out the short form below so we can share the good news of how the CHURCH is alive together in the world, specifically in your community!