The Stiles Bradley Fund
SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTHCARE COVERAGE FOR UNITED METHODIST MINISTERS
North & South Georgia Conferences
The Stiles Bradley fund is a monetary fund left by Henry Stiles Bradley to help ordained United Methodist ministers, their spouses and dependent children with financial assistance covering medical care at the Emory facilities listed below. After both primary and secondary insurance has paid the hospital and the individual has paid any deductible, the Stiles Bradley Fund will cover any reasonable balance not related to physician fees and or copays. Certain procedural expenses at the Emory Clinic are also covered. Information about what the Stiles Bradley Fund covers in the North and South Georgia Conferences is below:
- The Stiles Bradley Fund applies for the following Emory-related facilities:
- Emory University Hospital, Clifton Road
- Emory University Hospital at Midtown (formerly Crawford W. Long Hospital)
- Emory University Orthopedic and Spine Hospital (at Northlake)
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital, Johns Creek, GA
- Wesley Woods Hospital medical facility
- Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital
- You and your spouse are covered by Stiles Bradley and dependent family members. Children 21 and under are covered. Dependents and/or Full-time students up to 26 years old are also covered. Stiles Bradley cannot be your primary means of payment. You must have a primary insurance coverage other than Stiles Bradley.
- There is no card given out to and or required to have Stiles Bradley. A United Methodist minister must be under appointment, in good standing and or retired.
- The Stiles Bradley Fund pays for Emory Clinic testing and diagnostic expense balances after insurance(s) have been paid in full and deductible have been met or applied. It does not pay any physician fee balances not paid by the primary insurance, nor does it pay any copays or deductibles that have to be met by the patient individually.
- Stiles Bradley pays inpatient charges for hospital fees (such as testing, room charge, radiology charge etc.) at the facilities listed above after the primary insurance has been paid. All coinsurance fees for hospital admissions are eligible for Stiles Bradley payment. Stiles Bradley covers the co-insurance for inpatient procedures at most Emory facilities.
- Should you receive billings that do not reflect payment by the Stiles Bradley Fund, call Spiritual Health at Emory at 404-686-5498 and speak with Cynthia L Daniels. You will receive assistance from a person who knows the Emory system and can work with you to resolve the difficulty.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE STILES BRADLEY FUND?
- The Stiles Bradley Fund is not available to pay physicians fees, copays, or yearly deductibles that have to be met by the patient.
- The Stiles Bradley Fund does not pay balances that should be covered by primary or secondary insurance.
- All “not covered” expenses are the joint responsibility of the insurance companies and the patient.
- The Stiles Bradley Fund does not apply at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.